Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Day on the Tractor!

That's right, motherfuckers. Today was my first day driving a tractor, and I gotta admit, it's not too shabby. I mean, it definitely beats the hell outta hoeing. It was pretty fun, actually. After another way-too-short tutorial, I had my first job. I can't believe I don't have to be trained for this. My boss, we'll call him O, showed me how to work the gears and the hydraulics, then about two minutes later I followed O to a nearby field. He showed me which field-roads I'd be smoothing out, then asked if I needed more time of him watching me drive. I declined. I knew I had it. The tractor driving went well, without a hitch (pun intended).

Work is going well in general. I feel like I'm a part of the normal society now and it's pretty sweet. Maybe I'll do this for a while. Who knows?

On an unrelated note, the old flame I mentioned in the previous post actually ended up coming back into my life. I'm glad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment