Monday, May 3, 2010

Plans

I dig my farm job (pun intended), but I definitely don't wanna be doing it for the rest of my life. I've had lots of things to think about these past few years, but mostly, I've thought about how I want to spend my time. Working takes up just about all your time these days, so it's important to me to have a job I'm passionate about. Guys, what I'm trying to get at here is that I think I'm going to become a Buddhist monk.

Yup, I've at least decided I'm going to look into it. I figure I'm gonna be busting my ass in one way or another. Might as well bust it on a zafu! I've thought a lot about becoming a monk in the past, but I was always turned off by the strict discipline the monks abide by. After working for a while, however, my aversion to discipline has faded away. I'm no longer turned off by the idea of hard work or strict discipline.

Hopefully their will be a lay teacher at Bodhi Path (the Buddhist temple I go to) this Sunday. I want to inquire about monkhood. I don't really know anything about becoming a monk... but I'll find out and share it here. Peace, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment